2018年11月18日日曜日

The Olympic Games


I read The Olympic Games. I have many surprising things between reading it. At first, the Olympic Games had dangerous sport long time ago such as pankration.

Pankration athletes had to be very strong. They could not use their teeth or put their fingers in someone’s eyes, but they could fight with their hands and feet, and in any other way. Because of this, Pankration was very dangerous, and athletes sometimes died in these fights.

     I thought the Olympic Games were the symbol of peace, but that sport is very dangerous and some people died. I was very surprise and I couldn’t find the reason why the sport began.

     Second, long time ago, the Olympic Games were very small and little countries participate in it. When I read it, I couldn’t imagine that one. Now, it is called the festival which held one time in four years. I found the Olympic Games became bigger and bigger. And it is not only the sports, but also opening and closing ceremonies are very beautiful. In 2012, London Olympic closing ceremony, the Brazilian dance did. It was because the next Olympic will be held in there. It was also good.

     Third, through the story, the Olympic players are great.

       In four Olympic Games, between 1984 and 1996, Lewis won nine gold medals and one silver in athletics events. And he was not just a great sprinter; four of those medals were for the long jump!

     It’s an example in this book. I thought this man is high ability of this game. I can understand because I was in track and field club, we can’t win the different games, so he is not usual.

     Fourth, when Paralympic began, the people who don’t use wheel chair couldn’t participate in it. If they don’t use it, they have some problems so I thought they must have participated in it. However, recently, they came to participate in it, so I feel the world is kinder than before. The Paralympic sport is harder than normal one such as basketball. It often conflicts so when they use their wheel chair, it must have been dangerous. I respect to the players.

     Therefore the Olympic games sometimes happened problem, but it’s the festival of a time in four years.



Raynham, Alex. (2016). The Olympic Games. Oxford; Oxford University Press.


1 件のコメント:

  1. Therefore the Olympic games sometimes happened problem,
    Therefore, sometimes problems happen at the Olympic games

    Oxford; Oxford University Press.
    Oxford: Oxford University Press.

    返信削除